Before applying for the Construction Funds Loan, you should ensure that you meet the minimum requirements. To know if you meet the minimum requirements you should answer the following questions at the time of your application:
- Have you paid at least the first month of mortgage on the House Lot or Serviced Lot Loan?
- Have you received an Approved Building Plan? (A receipt from the Parish Council will be collected at the interview.)
- Do you earn an income that allows you to repay the loan? (click here to check with our Mortgage Calculator)
- Are you now contributing to the NHT?
- Have you made at least 52 weekly contributions, 13 of which were made during the last 26 weeks?
- Are you able to account for your contributions and have paid up, with interest, any outstanding contributions due in the last 3 years?
- Has your House Lot or NHT Serviced Lot Loan been free from arrears within at least the last 12 months?
- Are you between the age of 18 and 65 years?
If you answer ‘Yes’ to all of the questions above then you would have met the minimum requirements for applying. You should then contact your NHT Office for a list of the documents that you will need for your loan interview.Once you have all the required documents and information you should call and schedule an appointment with us for your loan interview.You can access additional funds to build from another lending institution through our Joint Financing Mortgage Programme (JFMP).