A Clearance Letter is a document that we issue to a company or an individual that verifies and declares the status of that contributor's contribution payments, Annual Returns submissions and arrears (if any). It is a pre-requisite for obtaining a Tax Compliance Certificate (TCC) from the Tax Administration Jamaica (TAJ).
A TCC is a document that is issued as proof that payments of tax liabilities and wage-related statutory deductions are up-to-date. It is usually needed for obtaining certain licenses, citizenship, work permits, security firm registration, tendering for certain contracts and for importation. For more detailed TCC information visit the TAJ’s website at - http://www.jamaicatax-online.gov.jm/tax_compliance.html .
To obtain a Clearance Letter companies should visit one of our locations and speak with a Compliance Officer.
New employers will need to submit the following -
- Completed Employer Customer Information File (CIF) Form for registration
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Articles of Incorporation (which has replaced the Memorandum of Association and the Articles of Association since January 2005)
- Clearance Letter from the NIS Office
- TRN slip
Returning employers will need to submit the following -
- Outstanding Annual Return (if any)