- Obtain the NIS Registration Form by visiting:
- any NIS Office in Jamaica, or
- the Ministry of Labour and Social Security's website at www.mlss.gov.jm and select "National Insurance Scheme" from the menu at the left of the screen. This will take you to the NIS page of the site
- Scroll down the page to and click on Registration
- On the new page, select and download the NIS registration form
- Complete the form and submit it to the NIS office, along with the original or notarised copy of your new form birth certificate or passport. If you are unable to visit the office, an agent (with an authorisation letter) may act on your behalf.
Please note: Married women must also submit the original or notarised copy of their marriage certificate if their proof of name is the birth certificate or if their married name is not recorded in their passport.